29 April 2014

Shattered Rose!


Yesterday I stumbled on this assignment on Imagebrief.com, a
 client wanted an image of a shattered flower, aSAP.





Doing a quick Google gave me all the info I needed straight away.




Just drop the flowers in "Liquid Nitrogen" and smash them up, sounded like fun.

Some roses I happened to have left, from another project.
So a quick search for liquid nitrogen nearby my place, and I was on my way.





At Kaasumestarit I got some great service, and for only 16 euros I bought 2 kilo's of dry ice (-78,5 °C). Not as cold as liquid nitrogen (-196 °C), but a bit cheaper and less hassle. And within an hour I was shooting.



My way of thinking was just burying the rose between the dry ice and wait 5-10 minutes and see how hard it had become.



The rose was not totally frozen yet, but enough for my purposes. 
And within no time a had a collection of shattered roses.








It was so easy and so much fun to do that I just couldn't stop, and went on and did some others. Do you recognise the flowers I used?

















1 comment:

What do you think?